Washtenaw County May Count
Please join dozens of enthusiastic volunteers for the Washtenaw County May Count, on World Migratory Bird Day. This event is a day to be out there counting all the birds we can find, and it’s a super fun Big Day! Juliet Berger is the organizer for this countywide count, which uses eBird to benefit bird science with its comprehensive results. The organizer divides the county into townships, each of which has an Area Leader. Leaders recruit additional volunteers to count birds throughout their area.
We still could use more volunteers across the county. Come join in the fun and go birding!
Washtenaw County May Count Organizers and Compilers: Juliet Berger and David Amamoto
NEW AND UPDATED! Please see these new documents describing the count procedures:
- Procedure flowchart – a brief visual representation of the procedures and process (PDF)
- Detailed written description of the procedures (PDF)
- Washtenaw County May Count eBird Usernames (PDF) – also shown below
- Township species checklist, sorted taxonomically (PDF)
- Township species checklist, sorted alphabetically (PDF)
- Unusual/rare species list and documentation requirements (PDF)
Washtenaw County Coordinator/Compiler: Juliet Berger
Area Leaders (click names for contact details):
|Township||Area Leader||eBird Username||Contact|
|H: (734) 769-6482
M: (734) 239-5975