The health and safety of our community is our number one priority in these difficult times. Like you, we are closely monitoring the situation and will follow guidelines and recommendations from the CDC, Michigan, and local governments to minimize the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). We will continue to update this page in this very fluid situation.
Currently, our in-person meetings at the Matthaei Botanical Gardens have been cancelled. However, we are reviewing the possibility of bringing these programs to your home computers via webinars. Thus, the meetings will remain on our online calendar for now. Check back here as this situation evolves.
Due to the coronavirus outbreak and an abundance of caution, all field trips have been canceled until further notice. We will continue to asses the situation and update this space accordingly. Going outside and enjoying nature is a great way to relieve stress and pass these trying times. We encourage you to do so while practicing responsible social distancing.
Things You Can Do to Help
You can help prevent the spread of germs by practicing healthy behaviors:
- Learn about the signs and symptoms of COVID-19, which include fever, cough and difficulty breathing.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol when soap and water aren’t available.
- Don’t touch your face with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve, not your hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Practice simple social distancing strategies from those who are sick, such as verbal salutations instead of handshakes or hugs; not sharing utensils, cups, linens, binoculars, and scopes.
- STAY HOME WHEN YOU ARE SICK.
We recommend that you do your best to stay informed on COVID-19. Resources include:
- Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- Washtenaw County Health Department: https://www.washtenaw.org/1129/Health-Department
- City of Ann Arbor: https://www.a2gov.org/Pages/default.aspx